quik vs. bootx

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Wed Apr 14 05:28:35 EST 1999

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999, Jim Somerville <somer at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

>None of my systems have MacOS on them...I'm using quik.  I have no desire
>to reinstall MacOS just so I can boot linux.  Will quik work with the 2.2
>kernel, or will I be screwed here?  I'm currently using 2.1.24 on all my
>systems.

This should be added to the FAQ...

BootX is not meant to _replace_ quik. Since OF is not working well enough
on a lot of Macs, BootX may be your only choice, but if quik works for
you and you like it, then use it, it's hopefully still working. OF
booting is better from a "theorical" point of view ;-)

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>