TurboMax PCI host adapter (Ultra-ATA)

Brian C Burke bcburke at socrates.berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 10 03:03:15 EST 1999

The TurboMax card is not detected at start up with LinuxPPC 2.2.1. With the
MacOS the card is seen as a scsi card and apple drive setup can partition
and initialize disks attached to the card, as can FWB Hard Disk ToolKit
using its generic scsi drivers. I have a pair of 17.2G maxtors attached to
the card each on its own cable, configured as a master drive. Oddly enough
on my setup (rev1 G3) pdisk only sees the first, scsi1.0, failing to see
scsi1.1.
 I wish a I knew enough to attempt setting up a driver as these drives are
cheap (whole setup including tax and shipping $730) and fast.

Brian