matroxfb, anybody?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Fri Dec 18 08:46:30 EST 1998

On  15 Dec, this message from Owen Waller echoed through cyberspace:
> On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Michel Lanners wrote:
>
>> Anybody successfull in running matroxfb with recent vger kernels?
>
> I've got it running on version 2.1.127 - I haven't tried on anything more
> recent. What kernel version are you running.

2.1.130. What I hate most is it doesn't complete the PCI scan
routine.... maybe a simple bug very early in the init code?

>> aborts (slightly older matroxfb.c (1.6c)) or hangs the system (most
>> recent matroxfb.c (1.8)).
>
> Pass, have you asked Petr (Petr Vandrovec <VANDROVE at vc.cvut.cz>) about
> this. I've been testing Petr's driver on a Mystique and haven't seen
> anything like this.

Not yet...

>> I've also tried to compile-in matroxfb without controlfb, but that
>> failed because offb.c wasn't in (undefined ref to console_getmode et
>
> Generally I've compiled in matroxfb, controlfb and offb into the kernel
> which compile and run without any problems. I haven't tried leaving
> controlfb out.

This is exactly what I need... I'd like to use matrox alongside control
(have my TV on a second monitor ;-)

Michel