ioremap and related

Christoph Nadig Christoph.Nadig at stest.ch
Wed Dec 16 22:08:00 EST 1998

Hello Jeff,

> Finally, in Xbh, they do the following code with PCI stuff -- but I don't
> really know what they're doing and was wondering if someone could explain it
> in a sentence or two and indicate a good reference to look at to understand
> it better (online if possible).  An equivalent that you would use in kernel
> code would be cool too, but I don't expect that.  ;-)

This code configures the PCI interface of the chip.It basically make the whole
video memory available
directly (in contrast to the "normal" VGA way, where only
a selectable 64K window can be accessed) and sets the
physical address to 0xC0000000.
Unfortunately the manual is no longer available online, as
this chip was phased quite a while ago.

I can fax you the respective pages of my manual,
if you like (send your number to christoph.nadig at stest.ch)

Cheers,
Christoph

Christoph Nadig                | mailto:christoph.nadig at stest.ch
Switching Test Solutions AG    | web   :http://www.stest.com
a Wandel & Goltermann Company  | Phone : +41 1 454-6726
Friesenbergstr. 75             | FAX   : +41 1 454-6605
CH-8055 Zurich                 |