Compiler porblems

Gary Thomas gdt at linuxppc.org
Fri Dec 11 23:40:26 EST 1998

On 09-Dec-98 Giovanni Liotine wrote:

> Hi all
> I've some problem compiling c++ apps under linuxppc with egcs.1.0.2
> prerelease:
> during compiling this code
> "#include <iostream.h>
>  main
>     {
>     } "
>
> gcc output are a long series of warnings: invalid type 'void *' for
> default argument to 'ostream *'
>
> When compiling some applications (that compile fine with gcc 2.8.1 under
> Intel/Linux) like MidsEye gcc results in internal compiler error, e.g:
>
> In method 'void MatrixImage <float>::drawLine(int, int, int, int, float)
> Internal compiler error.
>
> Is it a compiler bug or what?
> Any suggestion? Note that this code compile under Intel/Linux box.

Try the latest EGCS-1.1.1 available at:
  ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/pub/gary/redhat/RPMS/ppc
Pick up the 'egcs-*1.1-1b*' packages.  These are suitable for existing
Linux/PPC (pre GLIBC-2.1.xx) systems.

Gary Thomas                              |
email: gdt at linuxppc.org                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |