PReP RTC vs Decrementer accuracy...

Cort Dougan cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu
Wed Dec 9 10:52:59 EST 1998

The hardware is more stable, of course, but we can miss when handling it.
Take a look at the decrementer code - I think it's possible to miss a decr
when resetting it.  That could explain drift.

}Nope, not even close.  If you convert rtc drift specifications and
}processor oscillator drift specifications to a common reference (like
}PPM) you will see processor oscillators are significantly better