[Lguest] Problem with lguest on my new laptop

Gaurav Kukreja mailme.gaurav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 14:58:12 EST 2010

Hi,

I bought a new sony vaio laptop. core i3-330M processor, 3gb ddr3 ram, etc.

I have run lguest many times, using my older laptop, that was a core2duo.
However, when i try to do the same on this machine, as soon as I give the
script to boot the guest, the machine freezes. Only way out is the power
button.

The execution stops just after run_guest is called. I have tried many
things, and am unable to understand where the problem is. I dont think it
should be possible that the problem is due to the newer processor.

Please provide any help possible in this regard. If you want some statistics
from my laptop from the freeze time, please also tell me how do i get
it...;-p I am still learning.

Regards.

--
Gaurav Kukreja