[Lguest] computer crash when running lguest launcher

Gaurav Kukreja mailme.gaurav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 19:29:20 EST 2010

I have faced similar problem on one of my laptops.

This laptop has the i3 processor. Though I did not look into the matter to
be able to connect the issue to the processor, I would like to know how can
this problem be resolved, and also work on it, if someone could give me
pointers where to look at.

I have worked on virtio, and memory management so I am mostly unaware of why
this could be happening.

Sorry that this reply doesnt solve your problem^^^ by the way.

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Ofir Israel <ofirisr1 at tau.ac.il> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm working on kernel 2.6.28. I compiled it to be used with lguest like the
> readme says. When I tried to modprobe lg I got this weird message that I
> would thwack fixmap. Looking into that I figured I should change
> SWITCHER_ADDR from 0xFFC00000 to 0xFF800000.
> It worked, so I was able to modprobe lg but when I ran the launcher code
> (Documentation/lguest/lguest) the computer crashed.
> It happens every time. I just type the command line, hit 'enter', and the
> computer crashes. I tried changing the SWITCHER_ADDR to 0xFFA00000 etc., but
> it didn't work.
> There are no syslog messages as the computer crashes instantaneously..
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Ofir.

Gaurav Kukreja