[Lguest] computer crash when running lguest launcher

Ofir Israel ofirisr1 at tau.ac.il
Thu Jul 15 18:07:39 EST 2010

Hey all,

I'm working on kernel 2.6.28. I compiled it to be used with lguest like the
readme says. When I tried to modprobe lg I got this weird message that I
would thwack fixmap. Looking into that I figured I should change
SWITCHER_ADDR from 0xFFC00000 to 0xFF800000.
It worked, so I was able to modprobe lg but when I ran the launcher code
(Documentation/lguest/lguest) the computer crashed.
It happens every time. I just type the command line, hit 'enter', and the
computer crashes. I tried changing the SWITCHER_ADDR to 0xFFA00000 etc., but
it didn't work.
There are no syslog messages as the computer crashes instantaneously..

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ofir.