[Lguest] powerpc64 port anyone?

Wartan Hachaturow wartan.hachaturow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 00:03:15 EST 2009

On 4/22/09, Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
> Well, I think the x86_64 port is dead; nothing has been done on it in
> over a year.  POWER could be done, but you'd have to know a lot about
> POWER (or learn a lot about POWER).

As far as I understand, major issues would be to make lguest 64-bit,
and invent a POWER replacement for your creative use of i386
segmentation. I need to refresh my memories on power memory management
:)

Probably, a powerpc32 would be easier for a start -- and benefit those
lacking PowerVM :)
It looks like powerpc is currently missing any kind of software
virtualization: kvm is x86, XenPPC seems to be dead, and so is
OpenVZ's powerpc port.

> Let me encourage you however: it's *fun*!

Yeah, and the PUPPIES!! :)

--
Regards, Wartan.