[Lguest] booting process

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu May 22 18:17:00 EST 2008

On Thursday 22 May 2008 02:29:12 Daniel Baluta wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> In launcher code  (Documentation/lguest/lguest.c ) , it says that boot
> information is stashed at physical address 0.
>
> Is this happening in a normal/real boot ? I mean at physical address 0
> exists boot information ?

No, it could be anywhere the bootloader chooses to stash it, probably below
1M.  0 is as good a place as any for us: our "bootloader" doesn't live in the
address space, and the kernel copies it somewhere safe almost immediately.

To be honest I'm not sure what normal bootloaders do, but you could record it
somewhere and figure it out...

Cheers,
Rusty.