[Lguest] proposed patch for mmap'ed private block device

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu May 22 06:35:12 EST 2008

This is another proposed patch for block devices to have them use mmap
instead of file io.

I use this several ways:
1. regression testing. I can boot a guest, have it mess around,
literally rm -rf all of / with no harm done
2. lots of guests. This saves overhead as lots of mmap'ed pages are shared
3. lockups. I'm getting a deadlock or lockup on when I have lots of
guests doing block io; I want to see if this fixes it.

So, comments on this welcome, and if somebody wants to do it better, I
have no problems with that.

ron