[Lguest] more network interfaces

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:11:36 EST 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM, inflo <inflo at web.de> wrote:
> hi,
>  i was thinking about more network interfaces inside an guest, i think
>  there two ways, one to setup the guest at startup with more network,
>  e.g. --tunnet=192.168.3.1;192.168.4.1  but then a guest must be
>  restarted if one want more interfaces. So the second one would be a
>  hypercall to setup a new field in devices.descpage and call the rest
>  stuff like add_lguest_device().

I don't really understand. This seems incredibly specialized. This is
the second idea I've seen that threatens to push us into hypercall
cancer.

Why not a paravirt device that can add more devices using file i/o
commands instead of more hypercalls?

or a device that guests use to talk to hosts about their environment in general?

ron