[Lguest] crash at boot?

Mark Wallis lguest at markwallis.id.au
Wed Feb 6 00:08:28 EST 2008

Hi there.

On 05/02/2008, at 10:13 PM, octane indice wrote:

> VFS: Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block(0,0)
> Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
> partitions:
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-
> block(0,0)
> lguest: CRASH: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

Have you compiled the Virtio Block device into your kernel ? You need
it in the kernel, not as as module.

In 'make menuconfig' you can find it under "Device Drivers" -> "Block
Devices" -> "Virtio Block Device". It's experimental so you need that
enabled as well.

Hope that helps - it helped me when I had that exact same error :-)

Regards,
Mark Wallis
mwallis at serialmonkey.com
http://www.markwallis.id.au