[Lguest] [RFC] 9p Virtualization Transports

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sun Sep 2 07:14:57 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 13:52 -0500, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
> The lguest and kvm transports are functional, but we are still working out
> remaining bugs and need to spend some time focusing on performance issues.
> I wanted to send out this "preview" patch set to the community to solicit
> ideas on things we can do differently/better.

Hi Eric,

	Patches look reasonable, but just a heads-up: lguest will be moving to
virtio, as will kvm.  That means a single implementation for both
(yay!), but it does complicate your life in the short term 8(

	Dor has published a kvm virtio implementation, and we've already
discussed a couple of modifications.  I expect that to be nailed in the
next 2 weeks tho, and lguest will follow.

Thanks!
Rusty.