[Lguest] unhandled trap 13

Steffen Schulz pepe_ml at gmx.net
Mon Aug 13 20:31:44 EST 2007

Hi all,

my mail server is down right now, I'd appreciate if you would CC me via
pepe at cbg. dyndns. org

Grapper answered to my mail linking a patch to the nvidia module:
http://cyber-labs.org/patches/xen-nvidia/nvidia-binary-driver-100.14.11-1.patch

Yesterday, it stopped working after a few runs, but for now it seems to
be fine. (again, great work!)

However, my kernel appearrently lacks some ide drivers.
The .config is unchanged, I use it for host and guest. Platform is a
santa rosa macbook pro using intel sata. The disk image works with
qemu. This is what I get:

#lguest 64m linux-2.6.23-rc2_vt --block=srpdisk.img root=/dev/lgba
[...]
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
ide: Assuming 50MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
ide0: I/O resource 0x3F6-0x3F6 not free.
ide0: ports already in use, skipping probe
ide1: I/O resource 0x376-0x376 not free.
ide1: ports already in use, skipping probe
ide2: I/O resource 0x3EE-0x3EE not free.
ide2: ports already in use, skipping probe
ide3: I/O resource 0x36E-0x36E not free.
ide3: ports already in use, skipping probe
ide4: I/O resource 0x3E6-0x3E6 not free.
ide4: ports already in use, skipping probe
ide5: I/O resource 0x366-0x366 not free.
ide5: ports already in use, skipping probe
i8042.c: No controller found.
device-mapper: ioctl: 4.11.0-ioctl (2006-10-12) initialised: dm-devel at redhat.com
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Using IPI Shortcut mode
VFS: Cannot open root device "lgba" or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
lguest: CRASH: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

#fdisk -l srpdisk.img

You must set cylinders.
You can do this from the extra functions menu.

Disk files/emu/srp/srpdisk.img: 0 MB, 0 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00083f34

Device       Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
srpdisk.img1   *           1         484     3887698+  83  Linux