[Lguest] non i386 patches

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Aug 9 10:06:17 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 16:53 +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was hoping to be able to steal and plunder from other people's work
> on non-i386 lguest. Anyone have their patches online somewhere or do I
> need to start ripping out all the x86 asm from drivers/lguest myself? :)

Carsten and Glauber/Steven are the other port people.  I don't know
where Carsten reached, but the x86-64 people basically forked with the
intention of recombining.

So I think you might be the pioneer here.  Patches welcome.  Either we
can do arch/<arch>/lguest/ or drivers/lguest/<arch>.  Your call.

I'm happy to completely rip apart the i386 code, frankly.  eg. if I've
called something 'cr3' I'd much rather it be renamed 'last_page_fault'
and made generic than just bundled inside lguest.arch.cr3.

Thanks.
Rusty.