Options to store device tree blob on NAND Flash

Hector Palacios hector.palacios at digi.com
Wed Mar 20 02:15:57 EST 2013

Hello,

For embedded devices where NAND flash is the only storage media, I was wondering what
are the existing approaches on how to store the device tree blob in flash.
Searching on the Internet I have found only two approaches:
  1. Have a dedicated MTD partition for the device tree blob (raw).
  2. Have a UBI volume on a partition and store the device tree blob as a file in a
UBIFS partition (this approach also stores the kernel image as a file in the same or
different volume).

Is anybody using other approach for storing the DTB in flash?
What method is more widely used in embedded devices?

Best regards,
--
Héctor Palacios