Call for testing: device nodes as kobjects

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Apr 18 01:48:22 EST 2013

Hi folks,

Could I get some testing support please? I've applied the patch that
makes device nodes into kobjects into the following branch and build
tested it on a bunch of platforms. What I need now is boot testing on
different architectures.

If you can build this tree and make sure it doesn't break your
platforms with OF support I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if you turn off CONFIG_PROC_DEVICETREE, a symlink will be
created to the /sys/firmware  representation which should be
functionally identical. For those of you using tools that read
/proc/device-tree (like kexec), I would also appreciate if you can
test that those tools still work with CONFIG_PROC_DEVICETREE turned
off.

git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux devicetree/experimental

Thanks,