Appended devicetree with Torvalds' HEAD

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Thu Sep 8 19:52:56 EST 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pitre at linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> They sure do, (or so I hope).
>> My latest patchset is here:
>
> OK I have cloned your git and already made some minor adjustments,
> will return with more details when/if I get this going.

Hm it doesn't boot, if I configure out the DT support it
works fine. (On v3.1-rc4 and ux500) How typical :-/

I tried to regression-test it on a legacy system but then
I ran into a problem that may be serious: that platform does
not use a compressed zImage, it users the plain vmlinux
converted to binary with objcopy.

Is there a particular reason why we want to append the
device tree to the zImage rather than to vmlinux?

Yours,
Linus Walleij