libfdt queries

Varun Wadekar vwadekar at nvidia.com
Tue Oct 25 18:08:24 EST 2011

> That seems a bit unlikely, but maybe.  Is there any way you can dump
> out the dtb after processing by your bootloader?

I will try to get a dump.

> First thing would be to check if fdt_setprop_string() is returning an
> error code.

fdt_setprop_string() returns success.
> Also, is that the only dtb manipulation you do, or do you make other
> changes to the dtb?

That's the only dtb manipulation I do.

I tried hacking vprintk() to use early_printk() instead and I see that
the kernel boots up. So it seems that only the "serial at xxxxxxxx" node
contents are getting messed up. (Incidentally it also lies after the
"chosen" node. I am just saying.)