TI OMAP device tree and DSPs?

Cousson, Benoit b-cousson at ti.com
Fri Dec 9 03:58:29 EST 2011

On 12/8/2011 5:07 PM, Kumar Gala wrote:
> Seen a lot of ARM&  TI OMAP discussions on this list.  I was
> wondering if the DSPs on any devices that have ARM + DSP are
> represented in the device trees yet.

So far, for the OMAP case, the DSP node is mostly empty.

The issue is that I'm not sure we can represent in the same DT both MPU
and DSP view, since the DT root is supposed to represent a processor.
If we need the real DSP viewpoint, we will have to mostly duplicate the
MPU view then remove MPU private peripherals and add the DSP private
peripherals.

Regards,
Benoit