Device Tree questions WRT MIPS/Octeon SOCs.

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat Oct 16 14:48:50 EST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:30:48PM -0500, David VomLehn (dvomlehn) wrote:
> If this is really a question of needing to dynamically generate the
> device tree, then you have no choice. It's worth mentioning, though,
> that the device tree compiler (dtc) does have the ability to include
> files, making it easier to create and maintain device trees that are
> static but which share devices.

Yes.  In fact, John Bonesio is working right now of polishing the last
details of this to allow for example a board-level .dts file to
include an SoC level .dts and add/remove/modify nodes as needed.
Should be sorted out in a week or two.  Once that is done then we'll
update the copy of dtc in the kernel (probably looking at the 2.6.38
timeframe realistically).

g.