Device Tree Functional Enhancements

Jimi Xenidis jimix at watson.ibm.com
Sat Jul 26 01:52:52 EST 2008

On Fri Jul 25 04:46:28 EST 2008, jdl at freescale wrote:

> I've been discussing some functional enhancements to
> the DTS syntax and functionality with some folks at
> Freescale already.  Here is a brief summary of one
> proposal to add a templating macro-like ability.

Wouldn't it be better to reuse an existing tool, and let the user
chose the macro laguage?

I've been playing with and getting some interesting progress using CPP
and almost considered m4 (showing my age), but would not be against it.

The hardest part was figuring out what to call a DTS for CPP, I'm
using ".dtp" :).

-JX