[ccan] ccan tools won't make for me

Bart Grantham bart at bartgrantham.com
Wed Nov 10 17:54:18 EST 2010

I'm using CentOS 5.3 in a virtual on my laptop.  I unpacked the
tarball (most recent one off the website, MD5
fa755f50df1413d01a2ce356fcef137f) and tried "make tools".  It bombs
while compiling ccanlint:

cc -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wold-style-definition
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Werror -I. -MD   -c -o
tools/ccanlint/tests/examples_compile.o
tools/ccanlint/tests/examples_compile.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
tools/ccanlint/tests/examples_compile.c: In function ‘add_func’:
tools/ccanlint/tests/examples_compile.c:145: warning: implicit
declaration of function ‘isblank’
make: *** [tools/ccanlint/tests/examples_compile.o] Error 1

I had a couple other problems too.  One is bizarre and will be
difficult to recreate, but the gist is that, because the clock on my
virtual was significantly behind the timestamps on many of the files
in the ccan bundle, "make" just kept whipping around in an infinite
loop.  I have no idea why this happened, and I couldn't track it down.
 Fixing the date resolved it.  The other problem is that simply
running "make" in the ccan directory eventually results in an error
building tdb2: "ccan/tdb2/free.c:620: warning: ‘actual’ may be used
uninitialized in this function"

I was hoping to get this built so that I could contribute a
quick-but-simple HTTP query string parser I whipped up:
http://www.bartgrantham.com/qs/

Bart