[ccan] CCAN & GSoC 2009

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Tue Feb 24 12:43:22 EST 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 12:29:10 Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:
> foo-script wrote:
> > 2. Good pseudo-random numbers generator - this one in cstdlib isn't good
> > enough. Using OpenSSL each time doesn't seem to be a solution.
>
> I personally would recommend ISAAC:
> http://burtleburtle.net/bob/rand/isaacafa.html
> I've used it for many years without issue.

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of module I'd like to see.  Avoids me having
to know this kind of stuff: *someone who knows* has done the research and encapsulated the results in a nice module :)

> And the code is public domain, so all someone has to do is format it
> into a CCAN module.

This is exactly the reason I want ccanlint improved: to help random authors
create nice modules.

Thanks!
Rusty.