[ccan] GSoC

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Fri Dec 4 11:28:39 EST 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:24:04 pm Kabiram Kulasingam wrote:
> Hello everyone...Sorry I couldn't find any email address I should send this
> to so i thought i would send it out to the mailing list...(or maybe i
> shouldn't :S)

Hi Kabiram,

> Im a first year computer science student and the google summer of code
> program got me interested in doing some open source work while im on break.
> But currently I only have C programming skills so it seems a little
> difficult for me to get into most of the projects but CCAN seems like a
> perfect project I can contribute to. I already have a lot of work  I did in
> the semester so im going to start uploading codes. But I was wondering what
> was involved in the GSoC 2009. Does it simply involve the student uploading
> reasonable amount of code? Also will it be running for 2010?

I'm not sure about 2010.  The main thing ccan needs is more polish in the
tools used to contribute which would lead to more contributions from more
people.  To that end in 2009 we worked on ccanlint, with some success.

Unfortunately, it takes a great deal of my time to mentor; time which could
be spent on ccan directly.

Nonetheless, I would encourage you to examine ccan, join the IRC channel,
and get involved!

Cheers,
Rusty.