[ccan] CCAN on GSoC

Ryan MCGarvey themic86 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 04:42:35 EST 2008

I caught site of your project on GSoC and found what you are doing
intriguing. I do most of my code in C (mostly swarm based simulations) -
having a CPAN like repository for C libraries and just snippets of working C
code would be extremely useful. Often I wonder how much code that I might
spend hours writing (and rewriting) for generic purposes has already been
implemented by someone else for some other project - having a public, well
organized database of "everything C" would certainly save a lot of time for
a lot of people. More so, most people stay away from C (especially students,
such as myself) because so much of everything you do must be written
explicitly. I think CCAN would encourage young programmers to use C more
often.

Some questions about the project:

-What are you running on the back-end?

-Are you looking for an API written in C? (i.e. build a client/server model
in C that can submit/database/etc various C programs)

-On the back-end, how are each of the projects databased?

-Would you propose the CGI be written in C?

Thanks,

Ryan McGarvey
Clemson University