[ccan] CCAN Summer of Code

Luis Araujo araujo at larj.org
Wed Mar 19 20:40:53 EST 2008

Hello Rusty and everyone :-)

How are you?

I was looking at the CCAN project , and the list of ideas for the GSoC ,
and some of them look interesting for me, I would like to work on the
following ones:

- Judging code: This is supposed to be like a parser/checker right?
- Publishing code: these all are very related tasks , and probably a
successful project would involve a little bit of each of them to get
something started.

I have experience using several programming languages, among them C and
Perl , which as I can see, are needed for these projects, unless some
other language is recommended , this is pretty much a project involving
scripting tasks , so probably we could even consider languages like CSL
and Ch? , that would help us a lot, and we'll keep loyal to the C
language :-)

I also have some experience with different packaging systems , I am
currently a Gentoo developer and successfully participated in the last
year SoC implementing a whole GUI framework for packages on Gentoo.

I would be really interested on getting these ideas done for the CCAN
project, so, if you have any recommendation or advice, please let me know.

Thank you very much and Regards,

Luis F. Araujo