[ccan] Missing Files

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Dec 8 18:58:23 EST 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 00:26:42 Rupinder Singh wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> I'm attaching the module that's available from
> http://ccan.ozlabs.org/info/str.html -> Download with all dependencies. I
> think I've figured out where the problem is. Please correct me If I'm wrong.
>
> In the given module, the str/str.h should be renamed to string/string.h (if
> we keep run.c unchanged). And the tap/tap.h in run.c, that's absent in the
> module, comes from Test Anything Protocol module. But the string.c file is
> still missing ...

Yes, I have fixed the test case now.  Sorry, I broke "make check" which is
supposed to test all the modules (it didn't test modules without a .c file).

Thanks for the report!

> One more thing, I want to make and upload come code/module but I'm not very
> clear with the following requirements, as to what exactly is the function of
> _info.c and testsuite.
>
> "If it has a valid _info.c file and a testsuite, it'll go into the main
> repository. Otherwise, it'll go into our "junkcode" area where people can
> browse and download it."

Yes.  We should document that far better.  There is a tool (called ccanlint)
which is slowly developing to help people write _info.c and test cases.

I have documented this now on the wiki, and put in a reference on the upload
page.

Hope that helps!
Rusty.