[Cbe-oss-dev] Real Time Clock incorrect on PS3

Geoff Levand geoff at infradead.org
Fri Mar 8 00:36:35 EST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 01:36 -0300, Mauro Montenegro wrote:
> Hello! I need the help of everyone who kindly help me.
> Step to tell you .. I have a PS3 model CECHL01 .. which has misconfigured the RTC, which is in a date of 2006.
> I wanted to know or ask if I could provide some highly application or method that solves this problem.

The PS3 has an RTC which cannot be set.  Both the game os and other os
use an RTC offset.

To view a copy of the game os offset use 'ps3-flash-util --game-time'.

To set the game os offset, use the game os.

To set the other os (linux) offset to the game os offset use
'ps3-rtc-init --force'.

To be able to set the RTC offset your kernel must have the PS3 RTC
support module loaded or built in to the kernel.

-Geoff

> I searched the Internet for information on the subject .. but to this day I could not get anything at all.

See:

 https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-utils.git/tree/ps3-rtc-init.in