[Cbe-oss-dev] Fedora 18

Geoff Levand geoff at infradead.org
Wed Jan 30 06:58:17 EST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, 2013-01-26 at 09:35 -0800, sony fedora wrote:
>  I finally got around to trying to install linux for my old fat PS3 which still has the otherOS option. I noticed that the last version that you used was Fedora 12.

I currently use Debian Wheezy (Debian 7.0) and Debian Sid.  I no longer
use Fedora. Some info on how to install Debian is here:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-howto/ps3-debian-install-howto.txt

You may want to try a CD or DVD image from here:

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/powerpc/

> Is it possible to use petitboot with F18? I just downloaded the F18 live DVD iso and created a live USB.

I doubt it.

> The Petitboot is version 0.2 from this site.
> http://jk.ozlabs.org/projects/petitboot/

Thats old.  Use the latest from here:

 http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-petitboot/

> Petitboot didn't detect anything from the USB, would I need to add some options like kexec ---??? to /boot/petitboot.conf? Also what are the options I should pass to kexec to boot fedora?

See my file ps3-debian-install-howto.txt

Good Luck.