[Cbe-oss-dev] OtherOS disabled across the board?

François Galea francois.galea at uvsq.fr
Mon Mar 29 17:46:54 EST 2010

Seems the Sony people were waiting for a good reason for getting rid of
the otherOs feature. They found it with GeoHot's "exploit", which is the
"security concern" they are talking about in the announcement.

This is a(nother) sad day for PS3 and CBE development. After IBM's
announcement of the cancellation of the 32-SPE next generation of CBE,
now this. It's hard not to believe the CBE platform is dying.

Sad, sad news ...

François Galea