[Cbe-oss-dev] Linux newbie questions

Ben Harrison harrison-b at o2.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 00:30:29 EST 2010

Hi I have a few basic questions about Linux on the ps3 I wonder if you
could provide some assistance or point me in the right direction.

I have installed Linux on my ps3 it's ydl 6.2 I notice it says kboot
at startup and in the files I've browsed on kernel.org It mentions I
should b using petitboot. Do I need to change the version of Linux?

Which is the best/ fastest distro to use? I have no preference as I
have only used Linux for the past 36 hrs.

I seem to have broken my repos (all of them) as I get a error message
about XML using yum is this fixable? I was following guides on how to
get things set up on various forums when it's gone kaput

Third will I be able to manage iPod using ps3 have been able to mount /
dev/iPod but cannot read database?

Any help much appreciated.

Ben Harrison