[Cbe-oss-dev] Some issues with a USB webcam on a PS3

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Tue Jan 5 06:44:11 EST 2010

On 01/03/2010 12:35 PM, Andrea wrote:
> On 29/12/09 17:30, Geoff Levand wrote:
>>
>> As a test, you could unload the PS3's ehci driver and
>> see if it works with just the ohci driver.
>
> I was finally able to run this test.
> And it works.
>
> I first removed the ehci-hcd driver and then plugged in the device and it was recognised without issues.

As I mentioned in another mail, there are some unfixed
PS3 USB bugs.  I guess this is related.

I have recently pushed out one new USB fix to
ps3-linux.git, but I don't think it fixes your
problem:

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=d7e3fa98998c68a82e68088027cf38a797293bac

I'll let you know when I have more USB fixes ready.