[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 hangs during shutdown

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 4 07:48:30 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm starting a new thread for this issue to make it clean and not mixed with others.

Yesterday for the first time I was able to view the problem "live" (i.e. from the console and not
via ssh).

I pressed the power button and the shutdown sequence started.
But at the end, after something like "please wait while system goes down", nothing else happened.
What was different this time is that the cursor *was* still blinking (I remember Geoff asking me that).
Can this be helpful?

I had previously reported that the cursor was not blinking, but I was always switching on the TV
after a while and I could see the normal login prompt without any cursor. This might be biased since
at least the message "System going down NOW" should have been there. This to say that the "live"
case should be more reliable.

Having spent the last 2 days trying to boot with a new kernel, I had to reboot frequently and I
would say that 20-30% of the times it hanged on powerdown/reboot.

I've had this issue with Fedora 10-11-12, with many different kernels (including 2.6.32.2).

Is this happening only to me? (maybe because I reboot often?)

It goes without saying that I am available to test, debug, try anything that could shed some light.

Thanks

Andrea