[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 kernel lockdep issue?

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 22 20:09:10 EST 2009

On Friday 30 October 2009, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:

> > > I had some occasional hangs when trying to reboot or shutdown my PS3. I
> > > suspect it could be caused by some rare race condition. That's why I'm a
> > > bit suspicious about different things.
> >
> > I don't see any way this could be related to problems at shutdown.
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanations.
>
> Hangs happening on reboot is probably really an unrelated issue. But it would
> be intersting to know if anybody else has ever seen them, to decide whether
> the problem is worth investigating. Maybe I'm just imagining things after
> all, or my setup is broken :)

My 2p are that I have experienced hang ups on shut-down as well.
I'm running a PS3, latest firmware and latest Fedora 11.

I normally shutdown via ssh and what I see after a while is that the green light is still on and if
I switch on TV I see the standard login, but the system is dead.
I could not find anything suspicious in /var/log/messages.

Andrea