[Cbe-oss-dev] Plain yaboot port on PS3

Wartan Hachaturow wartan.hachaturow at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 17:14:03 EST 2009

Hi.

While thinking about various (well-known) QA problems related to
kboot/petitboot and distributions, I suddenly came up with an idea.
How hard would that be to make a plain yaboot port on PS3? That is, to
make otheros.bld/.self with just a yaboot image, and boot it directly
from console's firmware?
Of course, some platform support might clearly be needed, but provided
it is available in the kernel I don't think that's too much of a
problem. The darkest part is firmware boot process.
Is such a thing possible at all?

--
Regards, Wartan.