[Cbe-oss-dev] sputrace conversion patch concerns

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jun 26 19:56:15 EST 2009

Hi folks !

I'm a bit concerned by the sputrace conversion patch

(http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/28641/)

I'm normally all about removing code and using more generic
infrastructure but ... this is a user visible API exposed via
/proc that would be going away.

(Oh and I think nobody tested the patch yet :-)

Is anybody in this list other than Jeremy actually uses sputrace or know
of tools that may rely on its current interface ?

For now, I'm keeping it on the back burner, at least until Jeremy
tests and gives his ack.

Cheers,
Ben.