[Cbe-oss-dev] petitboot screen rotated

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Fri Jun 26 03:13:50 EST 2009

On 06/24/2009 06:50 PM, Brandon Ros wrote:
> I downloaded http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-petitboot/testing/ps3-petitboot-testing-09.05.28.bld,
> placed it on a USB stick, went to System > System Settings, install
> Other OS, installed successfully, booted, and petitboot is rotated 90
> degrees to the right. I changed video modes and this problem still
> occurs.

There is no problem.  It is built to be that way.

Why don't use you use a non-rotated (stable) version
from here:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-petitboot/

Just FYI, you can set the rotation with something
like this:

  cat otheros-rot.bld | gunzip - | sed '{s/fbcon=rotate:3/fbcon=rotate:0/}' | gzip - > otheros.bld