[Cbe-oss-dev] [Patch 0/3] Overview, OProfile SPU event profiling support for IBM Cell processor

Carl Love cel at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 13 08:47:34 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 14:27 -0700, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> Carl Love wrote:
> > So, at this point, Robert's (OProfile kernel maintainer) and Maynard's
> > (OProfile user space maintainer) approval for the patches.
> >
> yea!   It would sure make life easier for tuning codes on the LANL
> Roadrunner machine..
> Haven't seen the oprofile user code in CVS.   Is that waiting on the kernel?
>
> Marcus

The original post consisted of three patches.  Patch 1 is for the user
OProfile code.  It adds the SPU events to the user tool list of events.

The second and third patch are the kernel patches.

The plan is now that the kernel code is accepted, I need to tweek the
user patch so the documentation on the functionality will have the
correct minimum kernel level.  I will then regenerate it against the
very latest oprofile code base and repost it for inclusion into the next
OProfile release.

If you want to use it ASAP, I can give you the bits and get you going on
it now.

           Carl Love