[Cbe-oss-dev] 1024x768

Rafi Rubin rafi at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 13 02:28:57 EST 2009

Well that was kinda the point.  We can't really fiddle with how
everything handles the output from the ps3.

At the moment the device is plugged directly into a 4:3 tv that actually
is 1024x768.  And we are using it primarily for non-interactive non-gui
simulations.

But since its there and already partly hooked up, we figured it would be
nice to use it as a presentation machine.  But for that, the video needs
to go out to the tv, a projector and worst of all a picky video
conferencing unit.  Even if one or two of those are sufficiently
adjustable the third is really inflexible.

We do have a few old workstations that are perfectly capable of running
an X server and openoffice at the desired resolution.  Its just that
using the playstation seemed a little more stylish.

Rafi