[Cbe-oss-dev] intermittent trouble on startup on a QS22 with 2.6.30

Marcus G. Daniels mdaniels at lanl.gov
Mon Dec 7 15:01:05 EST 2009

Hi,

>> NIP [c00000000036c50c] .hvc_fss_read_console+0x30/0x5c
>                           ^^^^
> This is the hvc routine for mambo aka systemsim aka fss. I don't think
> it's safe to have it built in on a kernel for QS22.

Michael, I just kept the modules in place and disabled the systemsim
support (which cannot be a module) in the kernel image. Booted half a
dozen times and haven't seen the problem again.

While I am at it.. If anyone has any ideas about while the Axon driver
registers no devices that would be most appreciated too. Last version of
the code I have for that is the triblade 2.6.28 branch (Arnd Bergmann's
git tree).

Btw, goal of the builds is to get SPU-aware oprofile up and running.

Thanks!

Marcus