[Cbe-oss-dev] Debian Live for PS3 project dead?

thegame4121982 at msn.com thegame4121982 at msn.com
Sun Nov 16 13:23:18 EST 2008

    Hi, anyone know if the Debian Live for PS3 project has ceased  http://www.keshi.org/moin/PS3/Debian/Live? I know that it is now possible to install Debian using the official Debian CD and DVD images for powerpc but it does not work out of the box. Seems like the Debian kernel does not have proper or any support for the PS3 at all as you need the vmlinux image from the linux cell addon CD to even start the installation program for Debian to run on the PS3. What needs to be done so that the Debian CD/DVD images for powerpc work on the PS3 out of the box. Also is it possible to somehow make custom Debian install CDs from the official images to work out of the box for the PS3? I'm trying to understand what's wrong with the current Debian CD/DVD images that they do not work on the PS3 out of the box. Are these questions more suited for the debianppc mailing lists? Where should I go for more info on this. Thanks.