[Cbe-oss-dev] Does SDK 3.1 run on a QS20?

André Detsch adetsch at br.ibm.com
Thu Nov 6 00:53:32 EST 2008

John DelSignore wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Thanks for the reply. We tried the directions in the SDK 3.1 README file, and here's the result:
>
> We're attempting to boot the extra blade and it's hanging during boot.
>
> 0 >  netboot vnc console=hvc0
>
>   Bootloader 1.4
>    Reading MAC address from device: 00:14:5E:49:03:D2
>    Requesting IP address via BOOTP: 192.168.69.77
>    Requesting file "cell-3.1-ppc64.img" via TFTP
>    Receiving data: A-
>    TFTP: Received cell-3.1-ppc64.img (14270 KBytes)
>
> And there it sits for a long time doing nothing. We can't connect via VNC either.
>
> We're not sure what to do from here... Any suggestions?

Try to use the machine's HD to place the kernel and the rootfs. I.e., install
the system directly on the QS20, and use yaboot as bootloader.

Not that I have tried that much, but I was unable to use NFS root in a QS20
when I tried it sometime ago.

--
André Detsch
Kernel Software Engineer - Linux on Cell