[Cbe-oss-dev] Issues with current ps3-linux development kernel

Michael.Schoeller at inhouse.wko.at Michael.Schoeller at inhouse.wko.at
Tue May 20 17:55:03 EST 2008

Hello,

Maybe you have heard of that problem already and know a quick answer.

I got the latest kernel from git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git
generate a config via make ps3_defconfig and build the kernel.

The problem is that with that kernel only text mode is working.
It seems there is something missing to enable graphic mode (Xserver).
At the point where the graphic mode should be enabled and a progress bar should be shown the screen is blinking several times and then booting is continuing in text mode.
The default kernel is working fine. I use Fedora 9. Do you have any Idea?

BTW
LVM support should be enabled in the config per default (made by make ps3_defconfig).
Fedora standard installation creates a LVM for swap and root partition.
However if you use 3 primary partitions the system stalls when trying to log in into Gnome or KDE but that's maybe an Fedora9 problem only.
I only want to tell you ^^.

Michael