[Cbe-oss-dev] Only 86MB of RAM available running Ubuntu 8.04 powerpc64-smp kernel on PS3

Dan Munckton lists at munckfish.net
Sat May 10 20:23:05 EST 2008

Hi Michael

Sorry about the delay in replying and thanks for pointer to the patch. I
finally got it tested and it solved the problem perfectly. Now I need to
see if I can get it included in the default multi-platform hardy kernel
or if we're going to have to go back to a ps3 specific flavour.

> > Unfortunately for most of the
> > Hardy development cycle there was no one working on the PS3 port
> > consequently the kernel is a bit broken.
>
> Awesome, we'd all love it to work, we're just all a bit busy doing
> "real" work :/

Of course I understand and I'm gonna try my best to get things moving
for Ubuntu on PS3.

Cheers

Dan