[Cbe-oss-dev] GELIC Wifi problems

Adam Clark noaddress at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:57:37 EST 2008

> The gelic wireless driver selects one of scanned APs.  So if the list
> doesn't have the AP which you want to connect, you cannot connet it.

Is this likely to change at any point, the wireless drivers that comes
with F7 seems to be able to do it.

> In this case, it seemed that gelic selected the AP (00:12:BF:1A:50:9A)
> as a compatible AP because this AP seemed to be configured WEP enabled.

My observations agree with that.

> If the 00:17:DF:10:63:90 is the AP what you want to connect with, the
> following forces the gelic try to connect to specified AP with WEP (only
> if the scan list has the AP), although I don't think it helps your
> situation.
>
> # ifconfig eth1 down
> # iwconfig eth1 key <your wep key>
> # iwconfig eth1 ap 00:17:DF:10:63:90
> # ifconfig eth1 up

I will try it and see how that goes.

Also, in another email you said there was a patch needed to apply to
wpa_supplicant for it to work with this gelic driver.  Do you know if
it has been merged as of yet.  If not, can I obtain the patch and
which version is needs to be applied to.

I dont want to have my WEP SSID advertised.

Regards

Adam