[Cbe-oss-dev] Still having problems booting

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:48:15 EST 2008

I have done a full make from source following

make mrproper
make ps3_defconfig
make
make modules_install
make install

I then ran

mkinitrd and mkzmage where I do all of the correct pointing of the
initrd at the root file system at

/dev/ps3da1

using the kernel vmlinux made and installed /boot during the make
install process and I get exactly the same errors as before

cannot find /dev/root, etc.

Just as a sanity check for myself,  I built a kernel for the QS21's in
my bladecenter H.  I use exactly the same kind of mkinitrd, mkzimage but
aimed at the QS21 and the  much more complex pointing at the nfs mounted
root.

<<THIS WORKED ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY>>

There is something wrong and I no longer believe it is my build
commands.  But rather than us arguing about it,  what are the exact step
one takes in making the ps3 kernel?  Whatever it is,  it is not clear to
me and I have convinced myself doing the QS21 kernel builds
successfully  that I am not a completely out in left field here.

Bob