[Cbe-oss-dev] Oops at reboot, ps3-linux.git

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Tue Jan 15 07:59:33 EST 2008

Geoff Levand wrote:
> Jim Paris wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently upgraded my kernel to latest ps3-linux.git
> > (41c19d27b60ae7046b3d526adf3756f5df04b902) and got an oops when I
> > ran ps3-boot-game-os.  It froze after displaying this.
>
> I've seen this oops on occasion, but the system always continued
> to reboot, so considered it low priority to fix.  Maybe it hung up
> for some other reason?

Maybe.  I think there was something screwy with a USB flash drive that
I had connected, because even once I got back into gameos, it would
always freeze solid when I tried to launch a game, until I removed
that drive.  Strange.  Also, even afterwards, there were graphical
glitches in gameos and in the game.  My poor PS3 is dying!  If I run
into this problem again, I'll let you know.

-jim